Saturday, September 22, 2012

DAY OF ADVENTURES

Hey there, It's me again. Yes, I am up at 3 AM! My DH has to get to work pretty early, So I get up too. Seems like the only time we can talk without the little ones running around.

Today I have planned the kids very FIRST camping trip! I hope they have fun. We are just going down by the creek and setting up a couple of tents. They've never stayed outdoors in a tent before, so this should be an experience. Well, let me take that back, they stayed on the deck until it got dark, then came inside :)

A friend of mine is also coming and bringing her 2 little boys. I plan on doing some hiking, sitting around the fire making s'moreeses, as my oldest daughter calls them. She likes to make s'mores with reese's cups instead of using the plain Hershey bars. They are actually quite tasty. Try them, you'll like them. 

What kills me is the amount of stuff you have to pack to go camping. Since I have three little ones, that means blankets, favorite animals, extra clothes, pullups, paper towels, TOILET PAPER, tents, food, drinks, the list goes on for about another 10 items. So much for minimalists. Ha Ha. If it were just me and DH, we'd go with our water bottle, camping bowl/cup, and anything else we could fit into a small hiking pack. Certainly will be carrying my 9mm today, as well as my knife. Never can be too careful in an area that you've never been in before.

Well, that's it for now. Keep checking back, I like to blog often.

Out for now ~ CALLIE

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're on here. Sounds like you have an awesome day planned. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete