Monday, October 22, 2012

OUT OF CONTROL CHILDREN



I recently got a request for a blog about out of control children. Trust me, I have tons of experience in this area. So let’s just jump right in to it.
 First off, the parent should look at their own behavior.  I know you’ve all heard of “monkey see, monkey do”. This could be the case. Children copy their parents behavior. It’s simply a fact. It’s our job as parents to show them the right way to behave through EXAMPLE. This isn’t the case with all children, sometimes it’s multiple things. We’ll discuss several options to try later on in this post.
Sometimes, a good change in diet can help. This is a big one. More natural foods, less processed, less sugar infused, less wheat infused foods. We heard it as kids, and now I’m using on my own kids. Meat, veggies and fruit. No sugar, no grains, nothing processed, nothing pre-made. I can not tell you the differences that my kids have with their behavior. Before, they would be bouncing off the walls, totally lazy, disrespectful, hard to deal with…the list goes on. But now, I can actually stand to be in the same room with them. Yes, the diet doesn’t cure everything, but it’s a big step in the right direction.
Another big step, is making sure your kids get outside. Take them to the park, go for a hike, have a race around the block. DO SOMETHING with them that requires physical activity. Just this past weekend, I took my 3 kids out to the Natural Bridge State park to hike and check out a few of the wonders of nature. We came home, they went to bed without a fuss, no problems.
I’m not saying any ONE of these things will cure a child bad behavior. I’m saying that you should be doing ALL of these things. I understand that there are kids that still would have some problems, even with all of the changes. We as parents need to remember how it was to be a kid. Not having the freedoms to make their own choices, having to ask for everything. It kind of sucks and it is very frustrating. Open the line of communication by asking them what they would like for dinner, and allowing them help make it. Give them incentives for being responsible and finishing their chores or homework.
Parents, WE are the example that our children are following. WE have to make ourselves better so our children will be better. My ten yr old is in therapy once a week, her behavior is out of control. I’ve been dealing with her this way since she was born. This is how I knew that it wasn’t only a behavioral problem, it was something more. I had to choose to see that my child had a problem that I wasn’t equipped or educated enough to fix on my own. There is nothing wrong with getting outside help, if and only if everything else has failed.
I am a firm believer in just about everything I’ve talked about here. It wasn’t that long ago that I had to make these choices for my children to have a better future. Is it time for YOU to do the same?!

2 comments:

  1. I am very happy to read this. This is the type of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that is at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this best doc.

    - Guild Wars 2 Gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I needed, thanks a lot.

    ~moncler franpg

    ReplyDelete